Volunteer Roles Wanted
FoSRR needs your help to continue to grow and to make the best of every penny you contribute. Do you want to make a few friends, learn some new skills, play a part of the success of this dynamic group?
The Bar Bubble, led by Jacque Jordan
Needs people to help Jacque put on a great bar every night – only needed for event nights.
- Moving existing stock from under the stage to the hall
- This needs to be done at about 4.30pm before an event
- Checking the Majestic order between 4pm to 6pm
- Setting up the bar, glassware, getting the drinks on ice (need to be careful with volume as bottles with wet labels can’t be returned)
- Serving drinks and / or taking money,need to arrive just before the event starts
- Collecting and cleaning glasses during the evening
- Cleaning up at end of night, clearing rubbish and prepping stock to go back under the stage
- Loading up a car with the returns, glasses and other equipment to go back to Majestic
Social Media (facebook and twitter)
Needs someone or two to keep the messages flowing out there. Needs a few minutes every day to keep social media ticking over.
- Keeping our facebook page relevant, update with content about FoSRR events, plans, meetings etc.
- Reading through recent posts to keep a finger on the pulse of the facebook site
- Help to push events, through links to what’s happening (encourage people to sign up, join in, volunteer, buy tickets)
- Updating the twitter feed with relevant content (retweet school feeds, retweet interesting content from other parties)
- Regularly post updates on FoSRR events
- Keep the chair, treasurer, deputy treasurer and meetings up-to date with what is going on at the social media front
Needs someone with some technical know how but not a great deal. Will take less than an hour a week.
- Ensure hosting is maintained
- Ensure domain is maintained
- Maintain updates on word press website
- Keep track of support sites such as doodle polls
- Look for improvements to how FoSRR works
Needs someone who can write inspiring, cajoling words to encourage participation. Will take less than an hour a week.
- Maintaining the website, keeping it up to date with our content through word press
- Ensuring relevant links to other sites, box office, facebook, rowing club are updated
If you’re interested in one of these roles please let us know by emailing email@example.com